Saturday, February 6, 2010

all your life you were only waiting for this moment to be free..


It's a new year, a new month, and a new start for me.
So here's to a new blog.




to start, here's a few fun facts.


name: emily

sign: cancer

Favorite Smell: the way it smells outside after it's rained

Book You Are Reading Now: Choke by Chuck Palahniuk

Song of the Day: Any Fun by Coconut Records

First Concert: I think it was probably N SYNC in like 1998.

First CD You Ever Bought: I have no clue really. I feel like it was a No Doubt cd.

Childhood Crush:




Beatles Song That Describes Your Mood Right Now: Blackbird, most definitely.

Last Youtube You Watched: A clip from Conan with Paul Rudd where they are dancing. It's golden.

Having A Dinner Party and You Get to Invite Four Guests Living or Dead: John Lennon, Dwight Schrute (aka Rainn Wilson), Ryan Gosling, and Jason Schwartzman. I think that would make for an interesting dinner.

An Awe-Inspiring Music Moment (for music lovers): I was around 11 years old, the Strokes' album Is This It had just come out and my sister was listening to it. I think that was when I realized what real music was, and my taste in music was forever changed.

Describe your personal style: It's kind of hard to describe my style. I try to incorporate vintage pieces from the 50s-60s era in my wardrobe, or clothing that is inspired by then. I love the girly full skirted dresses from that time period. I also incorporate the rebellious style from then too, though, like the biker boots, leather jackets and studs. It's like Zooey Deschanel meets a female James Dean.

What are the staples in your wardrobe? Dresses. I never wear pants, ever. Cardigans, cute flats, large bags, and some sort of hair accessory.

What's your signature look? Honestly, my signature look would probably be a dress paired with a cardigan. Pretty simple, but that's how I dress almost everyday.

What inspires you? Fashion wise it would be: The 50s, 60s, the Beatles, Goldie Hawn, Zooey Deschanel, (old) Lily Allen, James Dean, pin ups, The strokes, Gwen Stefani, Lady Gaga, Chloe Sevigny, Debbie Harry, Drew Barrymore, Angelina Jolie, Hippies, etc. I could go on forever.

Who is your fashion muse? (see above) but mainly Zooey Deschanel.

Favorite purchase of all time.
It's hard to say, because I wont really buy something if I don't love it. But I guess I would have to say the red suede BCBG pumps i just bought. They're very pinup-ish.

Biggest splurge? I don't know actually. I bought some pretty expensive Ray Bans.

What's your beauty routine?
Pretty simple. I do my hair, put on my eyeliner, put on my mascara and i'm ready to go. Depending on where I'm going I might throw on some red chanel lipstick.

What jewelery do you never take off? I never take out my nose ring because it's a pain. But also I have this charm bracelet and super cool ring that I was given that I never, ever take off.

What are you obsessions? John Lennon, the 60s, Dead Man's Bones, Street art, Ghost Hunters, Travel, Accessories, Dreams.




No comments:

Post a Comment