







I think it is safe to say that thanks to Lady Gaga fashion has taken a major turn in the past few months. It's great to see more fashion designers taking risks in their lines, and much of that can be credited to to the lady herself. As a fashion student I'm all about thinking outside of the box, and going above and beyond in my designs. Lady Gaga has definitely made avant garde more widely accepted amongst every day fashion. I love it. I think I can speak for many by saying that she truly is an inspiration in the fashion world. She has taken chances with her wardrobe and raised the bar. I can't even imagine what is next for fashion because she has raised the bar so high, and continues to raise it with each outfit. I think what I would love to see next would be more men taking risks in their fashion, and wearing crazy, outrageous styles. There needs to be more Patrick Wolfs in this world!
I recently just made a dress out of tissue paper, half inspired by Gaga and half inspired by project runway. It's actually pretty awesome, not completely practical, but totally fun to look at. Everyone told me "it's impossible to make a dress out of tissue paper, it will fall apart!" But low and behold I did it! Hopefully I'll post a picture soon.

No comments:
Post a Comment